Saturday, July 28, 2007

On vacation on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina - Missing the Black Hills of South Dakota


Hello,


I arrived in Savannah, Georgia on Wednesday, July 25th. My nephew is playing percussion in a month long production of the musical "A Chorus Line". I sa the show yesterday and it was incredible. Then the cast and crew did a midnight studio show, where they all had skits, singing acts, comedy routines, etc. and performed them for family and friends. It was such a blast.


I have to comment on the heat and humidity in the South. I am not a big fan. Which is why I titled this blog "I miss the Black Hills of South Dakota". I know I wrote about the heat wave we have been having in the Rapid City and Black Hills area. Temps in the very high 90's and low 100's. Very unusual for our community. But in Georgia and South Carolina, the humidity really gets to me. Now I know what people are referring to when they say it is a dry heat. The Black Hills always cools off at night and I have grown accustomed to that for sure.


Of course, I brought my cell phone and have taken a few work calls and I brought my laptop so I am keeping up with e-mails as well. It is so much easier to do this for a few minutes each day than to try and catch up in one day back at my office in Rapid City, SD. I usually do not take vacations until the winter months, but this was an unusual situation.


If you are considering vacationing in the Black Hills, Custer, Sturgis, Rapid City, Hill City, Hot Springs, Ellsworth Air Force Base, Box Elder, Spearfish, or any other town in Western South Dakota, please contact me at duanehosek@hotmail.com which is my e-mail. Also, http://www.duanehosek.com/ is a great place to get startedd and to find out alot about our area, vacation spots, tourist attractions, activities, etc. Of course, if you want to see a property or 2 while you are here, I am more than willing to help. Take care and be safe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home